Hiroshi Sugimoto.

After specializing in monochrome for the majority of the Ilkley images I was reminded of the work of Hiroshi Sugimoto, with some of my images having a similar aesthetic. I am familiar with Sugimoto's work after it appeared on U2's latest record, 'No Line on the Horizon' last year.

The blankness of the screens in these images, I feel are particularly relevant, although I'm sure the motive behind taking them will have been for a different statement, the aesthetics and focus seems very similar to my own focus.

Aswell as his motives for creating the work, the techniques used to execute the work are again very different. Rather than using a solid piece of white material, Sugimoto uses multiple exposures on his camera to photograph a cinema screen

and hint at Sugimoto trying to find something still inside a moving image