Christopher Wilson.

In a bid to set this project apart from my previous series, I intend to experiment with technique more. As I previously found myself comfortable with purely monochrome as it became an intrinsic element of my last series, I want to look further into what aesthetic I want to achieve within this piece.
Christopher Wilson is a photographer I have been fond of for a long time. I first came accross his work through his commercial day job as a music photographer in particular his collaborations with 'Band of Horses', where he is the bands personal tour photographer as well as providing them with footage for their backdrop screens and images to drape over their equipment.
I really admire the tonal quality of his work, especially his landscape shots which show a great understanding of the environment in which he shoots. I have tried achieving this kind of washed out look in the past and feel it's great in focusing the attention onto the landscape and really brings it out in a subtle manner.

I admire the way Wilson combines his artistic practice with the work that pays the bills (his band work). A great example of this is seen in the Seattle band's video for 'Compliments' where Wilson uses both his photographs and editing tehniques to make the landscapes intertwine. Resulting in a stunning aesthetic, but being a music video there's no real defining message to interpret from it and i can't see my editing being a drastic as Wilsons, feeling that i should use more subtle techniques that suit the environment rather than intrude upon it.




This video is either the perfect visual interpretation of the new Band Of Horses song, or totally off the mark. Directed by photographer Christopher Wilson, the trippy nature photomontage seems a bit detached from the rootsy vibe of the tune. But then the intertwining landscapes somehow fit with vague lyrics questioning the existence of God.

In any case, it looks cool.

it i how to couple an aesthetic with a concept to implement a strong