Morricone for the Day.

Today I took my video editing to the next level, using the colleges sound studio facility, I set about recording the soundtrack and continuing the video editing simultaneously.
Stripping away the piece to just the video footage then adding the recorded segments of sound from the field trip, I then set about adding a basic chord sequence in response to the tone of the work as a way of generating a feel for the work.





It was at this point that I have had to think more about just what the tone of the music will evoke and just what I want the piece to sound like sonically.
Loosely taking on a fairly Somber sequence to emphasize the gravely impressive landscape. Invoking a tranquil tone.





I am very conscience of the connotations of what I play upon the piece and how this effects the overall tone and feel of the video and how that affects it's interpretation and as discussed in my tutorial with Dan, there is no right or wrong way of going about this, I just have to be conscience of how I manipulate the elements of the piece and how this affects the result.




Working simultaneously on both elements has allowed me to get a better grasp of how they can work together.



I have decided that I have much more freedom in terms of editing when working in this space as I am able to adjust both elements at the same time. So I have taken the decision to use this room as my future editing place and will be using it again on Thursday. The momentum of the work is also on target and is coming together well.