Cross-Year Presentations.

This afternoon marked the first of a proposed series of cross year presentations similar to the ones I experience with the 3rd years last year.
I was first up and decided to just talk informally about my work using this here blog as a means of showing my FMP's progression.




As I was put in charge of my group I allowed us to talk more openly and informally, leading to greater response from participating student. Relevant to my own work was Lauren's suggestion of the similarities of my works intentions with that of the Qatsi  trilogy of films in particular Powaqqatsi as it clearly shows the juxtopostition of mand-made and natural elements which ties in with my theme. I had only previously seen Koyaanisqatsi, whose sound work by Phillip Glass is well renowned and may help me in the way I establish a them for my own piece in terms of the elements and structure of the sound.