Web Presence.

In prepertation for next Monday's web presence presentations I am preparing my online portfolios using a selection of platforms I have chosen for their relevance and usability.
Disregarding Indexhibit for the moment as problems with set up and usability have made me look on this platfrom unfavourably, I also don't feel it gives a particularly good looking final outcome, I will try to create something on tis by the end of the deadline but for now I want to focus on platfroms I know work and that have great results in terms of proffesional application.

To give my presence a bit of variety I have employed several resources for respective reasons:
Cargo as an introductory page giving a flavour of my work and a brief overview of my practice as well as links to my other outlets.
Carbonmade, an increasingly popular site amongst creatives, as a web based portfolio similar to issuu but without needing a file to be hosted anywhere.
My trusty Blog of which is the most regularly used and updated resource for finding out about my practice.

As well as site based resources we are required for this module to create two PDF files, one interactive and one print based.


http://cargocollective.com/bradhodgson



I am becoming increasingly sceptical about using Indexhibit, it's cumbersome nature and it's proneness to problems has made me reconsider using it, add to this what I feel are pretty average looking results
and
As all I need is a basic user interface that can both showcase work and redirect to my blog I have decided to look at two other recommended options Cargo and Carbonmade.

Applying for a Cargo account is apparently a lengthy process, I have already submitted my application and hope to have an account set up relatively soon.
Carbonmade on the other is immediate in it's application and as shown below has made the flickr slideshow redundant with it's slick and easy to navigate portfolio viewer.


a platform that is becoming increasingly popular amongst practitioners and employers as a way of finding emerging creative talent.
provides users with a nice crisp interface,
in a similar vein to Indexhibit it's layout is very set in it's ways, but whilst I feel I can work with Carbonmade's conformations easier than than i can with Indexhibit's strict left sidebar alignment, which feels redundant in terms of how I would make use of it within my site.


Working in a similar fashion to how 'Issuu' navigates through a PDF document




Whilst I await to see if I can get a Cargo account sorted in time I need to crack on with both creating more work and PDF's in which to show them.
So as for my web presence portfolio I now have a Blog, Carbonmade Site and now need to create two PDF documents, one web based and one interactive, which all need to have a cohesive and consistent feel about them.