Liverpool Bienniel Preparation - What I Want To See.

After yesterdays briefing in preparation for Wednesday's visit to the Liverpool bienniel, I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the exhibit's and events I plan on visiting, come Wednesday, and how discuss how they are relevant to my practice.

Particulary relevant over the past few weeks where I have have been constantly hitting walls in terms of how to progress, and now that I have a clear picture in my head of where to head, the work of German photographer Wolfgang Tilmans will provide me with an interesting perspective on exhibiting, especially in terms of ways of displaying photography, which he is as renowned for as much his work.
Known for his controversial and uncomprimising subject matter,
What is interesting to me about Wolfgang's work is that yes he is using the White Cube Gallery as his space, but he is not being dictated by it , he is bringing so much of his own style to the surroundings that he owns the environments his work inhabits.








Tilmans' work is varied in it's style, for instance his practice incorporates his photographic work and his manipulation work, an example of which is shown below.
I am a little sceptical of exactly which work's will be on show as I'm not too keen on the latter and feel that his photography, when on form, is his best suit.

Tilmans' work will be on display at the Walker gallery throughout the Liverpool bienniel, and as the course is off there on Wednesday, I look forward to investigating his work further there.

A work I want to see, purely for personal reasons, as I have always been intrigued by it, is 'Turning the Place Over'

Another exhibit I am keen to visit, due to having been impressed by the sheer power of the building on my previous two visit's to Liverpool is work at the Anglican Cathedral.