Tutorial with David Appleyard.




Anish Kapoor

Coming from more of a design background and with experience himself in creating commissioned sculptures, David was the man to talk to in terms of helping me with the research and development of my idea, grasping my concept and suggesting further artist's of interest that will help develop the context of my work further.







Winter/Hörbelt

How will the weather/season/light conditions change the environment?
We discussed how, with the Autumnal weather beginning to take a grip and by the end of this brief (17th January)  the winter weather will be fast approaching, the elements could be used to my advantage to modify existing landscapes and how effective my objects would be at 'showing off' their  respective  landscapes in weather conditions such as snow and rain.

Material wise, as I am currently at experimental stage and also I would like the device to be portable to take it to various locations, I will create an initial maquette out of cardboard and see how effective it is, my intention is within the next week or so, to take this 'prop' to Ilkley Moor' a place with both green and heathered landscapes and also home to a quarry like excavated area, in order to carry out test images and point me in the direction of what to do next, with an open studio scheduled for Light Night (October 8th) I feel it essential I have some test images ready in time to show at the event.

This led me to thinking of the position of the object within the image.