What Is A Drawing?

Last nights episode of the Culture Show on BBC2 was of particular interest to me, not only did it feature MIMA my hometown art gallery but also Lawrence Weiner, an artist I hadn't come accross before but who's work i found captivating in terms of it's definition.
In my presentation on Monday i talked about not labelling myself as a photographer which seemed to polarise my presentation as I was of course showing photographs.
Weiner is  but he feels that his work is drawing with lines rather than sculpture or design.
'A LINE IS A LINE FOR ALL THAT' is a major new commission using vinyl which is then emblazoned onto the 500m2 glass facade of the mima building by acclaimed New York artist Lawrence Weiner.
It is part of the Drawing in Progress exhibition at mima (Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art) which is my nearest large gallery back home. The exhibition shows a unique collection of some 40 post-war American drawings collected through the Art Fund International scheme that now form a significant strand of mima’s collection – and is on show until March 2011.
I found the programme really interesting in terms of questioning the very perception of what a piece of work can be and feel this line of questioning is something relevant for my current brief which has seen myself questioning just what it is I am creating and why on a daily basis, but I also feel this to be a positive thing as I am having to think constantly about the perception of my work, which an only  make my work more considered and stronger.